The All for Books campaign has received storybooks worth KES 5.7 million from Moran Publishers. The book handover event was held Tuesday 13, March 2018 at the publisher’s Judda Complex headquarters.
Moran Publishers CEO, Mr David Muita lauded the All for Books initiative that seeks to spread storybooks to all corners of Kenya in an effort to spread the love for reading. The initiative is a concerted effort by reading enthusiasts in partnership with various benefactors, among them individuals, corporates, NGOs and schools.
Mr Muita promised that Moran Publishers would be in the forefront of promoting reading for pleasure. Among the organisations represented during the ceremony are: The Writers Guild-Kenya, Ngao Community Trust, USAID Kenya, Destiny Shapers Kenya, Kusoma Tu Foundation Trust, and various media houses.
The All for Books initiative has over time been promoting stocking of libraries especially to disadvantaged schools in all counties. Beneficiaries are carefully vetted to ensure that books will not only help learners but also the community as a whole. Most schools lack libraries and those that have are stocked with culturally irrelevant books. The All for Books initiative ensures that the books donated are culturally relevant to the readers.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- Create excitement around books and the African stories
- Work with interested partners to promote reading for pleasure and create classroom and community libraries across Kenya.
- Increase children’s access to culturally relevant books across Kenya
- Promote local philanthropy by mobilizing Kenyans to give back books to school and community libraries
- Nurture talent – young writers
The campaign organisers appreciate Moran Publishers for their benevolence.
All for Books is a partner of Wasomi. To get involved, reach us through our Facebook page or Twitter account @AllforBooksKe.