Submission for the annual Babishai Niwe poetry award is now open. The submission opened on February 26 and will close on May 26, 2018.
The guidelines for the competition are spelt below.
- Open to ALL African poets who will not have published a full length poetry collection by July 2018.
- Send 5 original unpublished poems in English using the online portal on the website. We will not accept email submissions; only those sent from the website portal. Follow this link http://babishainiwe.com/submissions/ Previous online publications will not be considered.
- Poems must be single-spaced, between 10 and 40 lines each and sent as Word Attachments. DO NOT include your name on the poem itself.
- Submissions will be accepted from 26 February to 26 May, 2018.
- The longlisted poets will be announced in June. The shortlisted poets will be announced in July.
- Winners will be announced during the #Babishai2018 poetry festival, 3-6 August in Kapchorwa, Mbale, Eastern Uganda.
- Any form of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The winner will receive 700USD and publication of a poetry chapbook.
- Judges to be announced in March.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT USING THE WEBSITE ONLINE PORTAL
For any inquiry, email firstname.lastname@example.org